Monday, January 3, 2011

Dad

Dad,


I still can't believe you're gone. I have so many memories with you it's hard to count. It hurts to know that we will never be able to make more memories, but just know that you are with me always. It's the small things that I miss. I miss your silly jokes, your silly dances and your hugs. You supported me in anything and everything I wanted to do. I remember playing catch in the front yard. I remember you coming up to BU to watch me produce my TV show. I remember taking you shopping in L.A for "real" clothes. I'm so lucky to have had you as a dad and I know that I got more in 24 years from a father than most people do in a lifetime. I miss you every moment of every day and I'm not sure I'll ever be whole again. But, please watch over me Mom, Paige and Doobie. I hope I will make you proud even though I can't hear you words of praise. I love you and miss you so much dad. 



-Jordi

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dr. Lippe

    I can't tell you enough how much I miss you. I always enjoyed engaging in a conversation with you...most of the time just listening. I would always mention to Paige that I always felt smarter after listening to you. I have memories that will last a lifetime of us just hanging out and talking. On the roof at the shore house. I know this is where you were at your happiness. At Giants games. I think there were two games where it was just us. I remembering telling Paige how much fun I had spending time just with you and how we were slapping fives and cheering on the Giants. You were just a regular guy that well... saved lives during the week and weekends but in your spare time enjoyed just hanging out. Oh I can't forget the cookies... you loved getting the chocolate chip cookies midway through the second quarter. You would always get a cookie for everyone. Flying was your passion. I enjoyed listening to the stories you always shared and I was just amazed at how intelligent you were. I remember when Jordi had a housing warming party at her apartment in nyc and you were having a conversation with some of her friends and I was laughing to myself at some of the guys that were listening to you and how I mentioned to Paige how serious they are with you and maybe a bit intimidated or nervous because of your presence you always had whenever in a room of people. I sat there thinking I'm already past that point with you and we can talk about whatever we want. I was and always will be very grateful to you for accepting me into your family. Speak to you again soon Dr. Lippe, love you and miss you.




    "Jarhead" - I know you liked to call me that...I miss it.




    Jared

    ReplyDelete